Free Stuff for Manifold® System Users
This page provides links for free Manifold downloads. Downloads on this page are not supported by technical support.
Free Manifold Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Visit the Manifold Toolbar Page to get the free Manifold Toolbar for Internet Explorer. The toolbar adds geographic browser capability to IE so that you can instantly view a map or satellite image of just about any place on Earth. This is so cool you have to see it to believe it.
Use the toolbar to search for addresses like "1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA" or for place names like "Bern, Switzerland." The example at right shows a satellite image for Fremont, California. Instantly switch to road map presentation as well!
The toolbar uses Microsoft Virtual Earth as a built-in image server, but you can use any Manifold image server module to visit other image servers. See the Manifold Toolbar Page. The toolbar is free for any lawful use. Enjoy!
Manifold Image Server Modules
Image server modules work with Manifold System as well as with the free Manifold Toolbar for Internet Explorer. Great tools for Manifold and for the toolbar! The downloads below package the latest editions of image server and geocoding server modules in convenient collections as a single zip file. The modules they contain are already compiled and ready to use with either 32-bit or 64-bit Manifold installations.
AllServersPack.zip (43 KB) - Recommended download - A zipfile containing a collection of all image server and geocoding server modules, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Unzip the file and follow instructions in the AllServersPack.txt file. Currently contains geocoding servers for Geocoder.us and Virtual Earth. Currently contains image servers for NearMap, OpenStreetMaps / CloudMade, OpenStreetMaps / Mapnik, OpenStreetMaps / Osmarenderer, Virtual Earth, WikiMapia, Yahoo! and Yandex.
ImageServersPack.zip (35 KB) - A zipfile containing a collection of image server modules, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Currently contains image servers for NearMap, OpenStreetMaps / CloudMade, OpenStreetMaps / Mapnik, OpenStreetMaps / Osmarenderer, Virtual Earth, WikiMapia, Yahoo! and Yandex. Unzip the file and follow instructions in the ImageServersPack.txt file. Does not contain Manifold geocoding server modules. Download this only if you don't want to download everything at once via the AllServersPack.zip download.
GeocodingServersPack.zip (10 KB) - A zipfile containing a collection of geocoding server modules for Geocoder.us and Virtual Earth, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Unzip the file and follow instructions in the GeocodingServersPack.txt file. Does not contain Manifold image server modules. Download this only if you don't want to download everything at once via the AllServersPack.zip download.
Traditional Topology Tools
Unlike older GIS packages, Manifold does not store topological relationships into the data set: rather, topological relationships are computed on the fly as needed.
There are cases, however, when the use of stored topology will provide faster performance if we are willing to live within the constraints of this traditional method. For those users who have the expertise and the interest in using traditional methods, the Traditional Topology Tools add-in provides an optional toolset implementing those traditional methods. This add-in has been released on an informal basis. No technical support is available for this add-in.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-220.127.116.11-x64.zip (201 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for Manifold x64 installations.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-18.104.22.168.zip (175 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for 32-bit Manifold installations.
Manifold Spatial Extender for SQL Server 2005
Manifold Enterprise Edition and above can work with a variety of spatial DBMS products (Oracle Spatial, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL and SQL Server 2008) and can also confer spatial DBMS capability onto just about any DBMS. In addition to supporting Microsoft's upcoming new SQL Server 2008 spatial DBMS product (not yet released to the general public) Manifold also supports use of SQL Server 2005 as a spatial DBMS. The Manifold Spatial Extender for SQL Server 2005 improves spatial DBMS performance when SQL Server 2005 is used as a spatial DBMS. It's a free download for Manifold users (works only with Manifold System).
- manifold-sqlserver-spatial-1.0.1.zip (26 KB) - The Manifold Spatial Extender for SQL Server installs on SQL Server machines to add high-performance, server-side spatial indices to work in conjunction with Manifold spatial DBMS facilities. The zip file contains the extender DLL, an install / uninstall utility, and a readme file with installation instructions.
Other Manifold Downloads
manifold.net provides the downloads below at no charge. These products do not require serial numbers; however, they work with Manifold System so they will not work if you do not have Manifold System
- Data Downloads - A web page providing links to download data sets formerly distributed on the Manifold DVD.
- help_examples.zip (16,236 KB) - A zip file containing many of the example files used in Example chapter topics in Help. This download is strongly recommended for all 8.00 users learning Manifold.
- object-model-8.zip (419 KB) - A zipfile containing the Manifold Release 8 Object Model poster in four, ready-to-use sizes: As a .png image file, and as PDF files for A2, A3 and A4 sized paper.
- cuda_demo.zip (3,050 KB) - A zipfile containing a Manifold Release 8 project containing an example Montara Mountain terrain elevation surface together with a sample formula useful for doing demos of NVIDIA CUDA hardware.
- Programming Examples - Programming examples showing common tasks using scripts.
- Image Servers and Geocoding Servers - Free image server and geocoding server modules for use within Manifold and the Manifold Toolbar. Don't miss the incredible usefulness of image servers, one of the most popular features in Manifold System.
- Routine updates - Manifold licensees may download and install routine updates at no charge. Routine updates provide bug fixes in between major releases and often provide new features as well. Manifold System will automatically check for new updates and will report if a more recent update has been made available.
World Time Zones Map
manifold.net is pleased to present the only open map of world time zones (1,550 KB), in Release 8.00 .map format. This map is being published under the Free Software Foundation's General Public License, the same license used to distribute GNU and Linux. You may use it as you wish so long as you pass on rights to do likewise to any recipient of the map or of any derived work.
Manifold Eclipse Planner: Total Eclipses until the Year 2020
The new eclipse_planner (1,576 KB) map from manifold.net includes details on all total eclipses until the year 2020, excluding only the 2003 total eclipse in Antarctica. The map includes all named places within or near the umbral path taken from the Digital Chart of the World as well as a world countries base map. The accompanying map illustration shows duration by color code. Note the 2009 eclipse in Asia and western Pacific is a very rare total eclipse that provides over six minutes of totality. Wow!
User Contributed Tutorials
The Manifold user community is fortunate to include many expert users who have generously contributed tutorials, SQL examples, user-contributed code and other resources to help their colleagues. See the Georeference Forum for many threads containing user contributions.
Free Stuff is Not Supported
The downloads on this page are not supported. Not supporting these downloads makes it possible to provide them for free.
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.