Paid Support / Free Support
Manifold System licenses typically include two prepaid incidents of standard technical support by email. Additional technical support services may be obtained for a fee, usually in the form of a "token" that normally is very low cost or even free. Technical support is available only for the current product release with the latest update installed.
Manifold Viewer is a free product that is supported by the community, not by tech support. Hey, it's free!
- Activation Guide - Activation problems are rare because activation is very simple. Almost all activation problems are caused by very simple user errors that are easily fixed. This short page provides an overview that solves most problems. It includes a link to a short troubleshooting page that fixes 99% of problems.
- User Manual - The Manifold System user manual provides over 5000 pages of detailed information on every aspect of Manifold System. Hundreds of examples, including hundreds of detailed, step-by-step examples, show how to use Manifold. Almost all incidents processed by tech support involve questions that are answered in the user manual.
- Videos - For an extensive gallery of YouTube videos, including practical tutorials, quick introductions to new features, and spectacular demonstrations of Manifold speed, visit the Videos page.
- Product Downloads and Examples - The product downloads page includes links to numerous example files used in videos and other useful downloads. Study all published examples carefully in addition to viewing videos and careful reading of the user manual.
- georeference.org Forum - The Georeference forum provides a meeting place for the world-wide Manifold user community. Visiting the forum is a good way to make contact with other Manifold users. The forum allows users to share information and to voluntarily support each other. Note: the Georeference forum is a user forum - it is not a communications link to manifold.net technical support.
Prepaid support incidents- Your Manifold System license fee includes two prepaid standard support tokens for technical support by email. See the discussion on this page as well as in the Support FAQ. Additional support products- Manifold licensees may purchase additional support incidents if desired. Technical support by email is available for a low fee per incident as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. For a complete listing of available support products, see the Products page. Third party products- Third parties such as GISadvisor.com publish outstanding products that help teach Manifold system fundamentals as well as advanced usage such as programming and IMS web applications. Third party products also are available that provide IMS templates to help create complex applications more rapidly. Enhanced Manifold products- Sometimes the easiest way to deal with a task is to acquire an upgraded Manifold license or a Manifold extension product. For example, tasks which cannot be accomplished in the limited memory space of 32-bit Windows may require a 64-bit Manifold installation. Consider upgrading for greater productivity. For a complete listing of Manifold products (including available upgrade products), see the Products page. For advice on which Manifold product to choose, see the What to Buy page.
Manifold products are supported by email for a fee. Although Manifold technical support is very inexpensive, it is not free. Technical support is provided for a low fee via email. Technical support service products are sold that allow Manifold users to choose what level of support they prefer, from a single incident to ten incidents at a discount. Technical support incidents are available as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. Standard incidents provide answers to routine interactive usage of Manifold. Developer support incidents provide answers to more technical questions, such as those involving programming, SQL, customization, IMS, License Server, Runtime licenses or Enterprise features. Technical support processes email inquiries during business hours on business days. See the Contact page for details on hours and holidays.
Most Manifold licenses will include two prepaid standard technical support incidents. Additional incidents may be acquired at very low cost; however, experience shows that those users who read the user manual in the recommended order and who participate in online user forums will never use a technical support incident, not even one of the two prepaid standard incidents provided with the license.
Each question asked of technical support constitutes a separate incident, regardless of whether the question is a trivial question or a sophisticated question. A technical support incident provides an answer at the lowest resolvable level of operation of Manifold. General questions will receive very general replies, normally a citation to a topic in the user manual or other general comments to help the user get started.
Using tech support as a replacement for reading the user documentation is not efficient: tech support incidents are used for highly specific question, and relate to one function or to the lowest separable usage level of Manifold in a specific task. If a particular issue or question is discussed in the user documentation, a response to a tech support incident will not reprint that documentation. Instead, the incident will cite topics to read and any subsequent discussion will assume you have read, in full, the topics cited.
Almost all questions can be answered by careful reading of the User Manual. The User Manual provides immense detail on every aspect of Manifold, and includes many dozens of major examples and hundreds of step-by-step procedures. Do not waste technical support tokens on questions that may be easily answered by reading the user manual.
Contacting Technical Support
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and type, standard or developer, purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial engineering products. Total integration ensures unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!