How to Buy
Please Read Carefully
This page provides installation files for Manifold Viewer, a free product. Manifold viewer runs on all recent Windows versions.
If you are looking for installation files for
Free updates: To update a Manifold Viewer installation to the lastest release, download and install the current Manifold Viewer version from the links below. Viewer will automaticall update. Manifold Viewer is a subset of Radian Studio and Viewer updates automatically incorporate the latest updates to Radian.
How to Download and Install
- Viewer requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or more recent. Most newer Windows systems include .NET. If your system does not have .NET, scroll down this page for links to free .NET Framework downloads.
- If you are running 64-bit Windows, download the 64-bit Viewer .exe installation file by clicking on the button below and double-click on it to launch a typical Windows installation.
- If you are running 32-bit Windows, you must use the 32-bit Viewer installation. Download the 32-bit Viewer .exe installation file and double-click on it to launch the installation.
- The portable Viewer installation is a zip file for expert users that does not use Windows Installer. Unzip and run directly from the .exe files in the hierarchy it creates. Read the Installations topic for a discussion of portable installations and expert level prerequisites.
- Flag buttons below provide mirror links that may provide faster downloads depending upon your location.
False alarmsfrom anti-virus programs are common. The SHA checksums published below guarantee safe downloads. Use the SHA checksum to verify the download is safe and virus-free. Uninstallany prior Viewer installation before installing a new Manifold Viewer installation. Viewer will co-exist with and can be installed on the same system as Radian Studio or Manifold System.
- After installation, save the installation file for future use. Windows may need it some day to uninstall or to repair an installation.
Manifold Viewer for 64-bit Windows
manifold-viewer-9.0.163-x64.exe - SHA256: 27e9c23a4ef93fc9737a93a00f4242b430efd5d05785deb1fe01041108dc3be1
Manifold Viewer for 32-bit Windows
manifold-viewer-9.0.163.exe - SHA256: 988197b865435ce308e53a0367464a2923968e701488d54ea651c053e5f7013a
Portable Viewer Installation (Self-Contained Zip File)
manifold-viewer-9.0.163-x64.zip - SHA256: e5b33cdafbabe7802274b47aeb22185fd5a9394e80db0657e3278f33f5b4366b
Future Viewer Cutting Edge (Self-Contained Zip File)
Microsoft Visual C++ for Portable Installations
The portable Manifold Viewer and Future Viewer installation packages require installation of Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable package. The Microsoft C++ Redist package is included in the 64-bit and 32-bit Manifold Viewer .exe installations but is not included in either the portable Manifold Viewer installation or the Future Viewer installation. Many modern Windows systems will already have the Visual C++ Redistributable installed. If not yet installed, download the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable from the following links and install:
On 64-bit Windows system, install both vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) and vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit). On a 32-bit Windows system, install vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit). The Requirements page has links to direct downloads from Microsoft for the above Visual C++ Redistributable installations.
- Viewer uses Radian System documentation. All Radian Studio documentation is online. See the Documentation page.
- 2017_eclipse.map (2304 KB) - A Radian format .map project with a pre-built map showing the path of the August 21 total eclipse through the United State, with times of totality in local time. Uses Bing and Google background maps. Perfect for beginners. How to use this map is illustrated in the Radian / Viewer YouTube Video on the 2017 Total Eclipse Map.
- ArcGIS_REST_Servers.map (1024 KB) - A Radian format .map project providing a collection of ArcGIS REST web server data sources. Useful for ESRI people and others, and provides an outstanding example of the very wide range of free data available online that Viewer can see.
- archaeology_France.map (12992 KB) - A Radian format .map project providing a beginner-friendly, pre-formatted and pre-organized map that shows archaeological locations in France, including dolmen, menhir, Roman amphitheaters and many other sites. A must have for archaeology and Classics hobbyists visiting France. Learn to use this project in the Viewer YouTube Video on Archaeology in France.
- books2.map (6528 KB) - A Radian format .map file providing the Books example database used in Chris Fehily's "SQL Database Programming (2015 Edition)," another fine Fehily book on SQL.
- books.map (6592 KB) - A Radian format .map file providing the Books example database used in Chris Fehily's first-rate book, "SQL: Visual QuickStart Guide," a great book for learning SQL rapidly.
- crisfieldflood_clip_PM.zip (14731 KB) - A zipped Radian format .map file providing the floodzone and parcels map used in the Radian / Viewer YouTube Video on Parallel Clipping Speed. Try it yourself as shown in the video and see how Radian's ability to use all the CPU cores in your computer lets Radian run many times faster than non-parallel GIS or spatial DBMS systems like SQL Server, PostGIS or Spatialite.
- crisfieldflood_shapefiles.zip (9590 KB) - A zipped set of shapefiles file providing query texts for Radian, PostGIS, SQL Server and Spatialite, plus shapefiles for the floodzone and parcels layers used in the Radian / Viewer YouTube Video on Parallel Clipping Speed. Try out Viewer running fully parallel on your computer and note the time required for the query, and then import these shapefiles and try the queries in your favorite GIS or spatial DBMS to see how fast those take on the same system.
- maryland_lidar.map (1024 KB) - A Radian format .map project providing the Charles County, Maryland, LiDAR data sources to re-create the LiDAR display used in the Gallery and other illustrations and in the example in the Viewer YouTube Videos.
- megalithe_video.map (5248 KB) - A Radian format .map project providing the Neolithic monuments data set used in YouTube Videos demonstrating Viewer. Useful not only for repeating the videos at home but also for hunting Neolithic relics in France. Cool!
- merge_and_clip_examples.map (5184 KB) - A Radian format .map project providing the regions of France, cities and Roman roads layers used in YouTube video examples on the Manifold Sales YouTube channel.
- meteorites_2017.map (33280 KB) - A new version of the meteorites.map that has been updated to 2017 and expanded with even more meteorites. A Radian format .map project providing a beginner-friendly, pre-formatted and pre-organized map that shows locations of meteorites found on Earth, including meteorites of lunar and Martian origin. A must have for meteorite hunters worldwide to enable planning of more successful meteorite hunts. Learn to use this project in the Viewer YouTube Video on Hunting Meteorites. Special thanks to the Meteoritical Society for providing this snapshot of the Meteoritical Bulletin Database!
- uber movement.map (1024 KB) - A Radian format .map containing the snippet of SQL required to convert CSV data downloaded from Uber Movement into spatial geometry form for display and analysis. Learn to use this project in the Viewer YouTube Video on Uber Movement Data.
Radian Studio Localization Files
ui.zip - Viewer can use Radian Studio localization files to adapt the GUI to languages other than English. Click on the link at left to download a zip file containing a comprehensive German user interface localization file plus starter example localization files for French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The portable Radian Studio installation contains the latest, up-to-date English reference version from which any localization can start. See the Localization page for instructions on how to use these files.
DLLs for Popular Open Source DBMS Packages
The MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and GPKG/SQLite/Spatialite packages are third party, open source packages which require installation of necessary files within the execution PATH of your system. If you are an expert user of MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, or GPKG/SQLite/Spatialite you know the drill and have already installed all necessary DLLs. For everyone else, Manifold provides the following sample collections of DLLs for these packages:
The easiest way to install these for use with Manifold Future, Future Viewer, Radian Studio or Manifold Viewer is to unzip the appropriate package within the bin or the bin64 folder of the Manifold installation folder. Unzip extension-dlls-x64.zip within the bin64 folder and unzip extension-dlls-x86.zip within the bin folder.
The above packages of DLLs are not supported and are infrequently updated. They provide an example of what DLLs are usually required and where they should be placed. Visit the official web sites of the package of interest to learn about and to download the latest DLLs required.
SHA Checksums Guarantee Safe Packages
Worried about viruses? Got a false alarm from an anti-virus package?
Use SHA checksums to put your mind at ease by confirming you
Manifold Viewer installation packages do
If your anti-virus program reports a problem with a Radian or Manifold installation file, you can verify that is a false alarm by using any popular tool (7zip, Microsoft, etc.) to compute the SHA checksum for the installation package you are using. If that SHA checksum matches the SHA checksum published for that package, you know for sure the anti-virus package reported a false alarm.
Windows 10 and other recent Windows editions include the
certutil -hashfile manifold-9.0.159.msi SHA256
The utility will provide a computed SHA256 hash code (another name for checksum) for the file:
SHA256 hash of file manifold-9.0.159.msi: 1d 65 79 c2 b7 2f aa 99 7f 40 2c c5 1f 92 80 de 73 0c 4f 4a 4c c5 d2 59 bf 74 7e 79 b8 d4 e0 71 CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
Compare the SHA256 checksum reported by the
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0+
.NET is already installed on newer Windows systems. If your Windows system does not have .NET installed, download and install .NET Framework from these Microsoft links:
Web installer:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53345 Offline installer:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344
The free downloads on this page are provided without technical support. Some downloads are large and require reliable Internet connections. Downloads are provided for those folks who have sufficiently reliable Internet connections and who have the minimal technical skills required to use their browsers to download a file, to unzip a zipfile, double-click an installation file to run it, etc., without assistance. If you require assistance, please ask a more technical colleague for help, retain a consultant, or contact Manifold Technical Support using a paid standard tech support token as set forth in the Contacting Tech Support page.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and class (standard or developer) you purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Contacting Technical Support
Please carefully read the Contacting Technical Support page for complete information on contacting technical support. Support inquiries sent to sales will not only delay a fast and effective solution, they will also waste support tokens.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial engineering products. Total integration ensures unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!