How to Buy
Visit the Products catalog and the User Manual.
How to Upgrade
Trade In for a Discount
Manifold may provide special offers on the Products and Prices page that allow Manifold licensees to trade in a license to get a higher valued product at a discount. This page provides a step-by-step illustrated procedure taking advantage of a trade in. Most upgrade/trade-in offers are similar to the example on this page: they require trading in a serial number for a qualifying product to get a discount on a higher value or newer product.
This page uses an example a trade in of a Manifold Release 9.00 Universal license to get a discount on a Manifold Release 9.00 Server license. The serial number we will trade in was not procured as part of a discounted bundle with some other products and it has not been previously traded in or otherwise revoked.
Before proceeding with an upgrade transaction, please check the status of the serial number you will trade in on the Status Page. That page will show if the serial number is valid.
Begin by visiting the Online Store page. Read that page carefully and then press the green Buy button to enter the online store.
The shopping cart starts out empty. Press the Add to Cart button for the Manifold 9.00 Server product to add that product to the shopping cart.
Press the Check Out button.
The Check Out page appears showing one license of Manifold Server at the regular price. Press the Upgrade button.
Press the Convert to Upgrade button.
A box opens allowing us to enter a serial number for a qualifying product. Enter the serial number for a qualifying Release 9.00 Universal license.
- This must be a Release 9.00 Universal serial number with no typographical errors or changes.
- The Release 9.00 Universal license must not have been procured as part of a discounted bundle.
- The serial number must not have been previously traded in or otherwise revoked.
The amount credited is shown, and the new price is totaled.
Proceed with the order as usual: Enter all required information in the form, such as name and address, and press the Continue button to proceed to payment pages in the usual way.
When the order is completed, the serial number provided for the trade in will be revoked, and the new product serial number will be sent by email to the email address specified in the order.
Following are errors that will prevent a trade in from working:
- Bundled serial number - If the serial number traded in was acquired as part of a discounted bundle, the trade in will not work.
- Wrong trade in combination - If the upgrade offer requires a Manifold 9.00 Universal license to trade in on a Manifold 9.00 Server license, using some other license, such as a Manifold 9.00 Professional license serial number will not work.
- Wrong serial number - If the special offer requires a Release 9.00 Universal serial number, using a serial number for a different product, such as Manifold Release 8 or SQL for ArcGIS® Pro will not work.
- Revoked serial number - If a serial number does not work, checking it on the serial number Status Page may show it has been revoked. That usually happens when it has previously been traded in.
- Not a serial number - Attempting to trade in a tech support token or something else that is not a serial number will not work. To avoid such errors, check the serial number Status Page to make sure you are using a Release 9 serial number and not something else.
- Typographical errors - Use Copy and Paste to avoid errors. Copy from the original serial number email sent to you by Manifold to avoid typos that may have been introduced in subsequent copies.
- Using a "masked" serial number - Only the full, original serial number will work, not a "masked" version that replaces part of the serial number with a series of "x" characters.
- Changed serial number - If a serial number is changed in any way (changing characters or case, etc.) it will not work. Be wary of editing programs that make changes like hyphens to "smart hyphens" and other changes of characters.
- Expired offer - Some special offers may end on a given date. If so, trying to do a trade in after that date will not work. For example, a special upgrade offer that expires December 31 will not be available a month or so later in February.
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!