How to Buy
Products are Licensed, Not Sold
All Manifold® software is licensed, not sold, using a standard End User Licensing Agreement (EULA). Please read the Agreement carefully to be sure you agree before ordering software. If you do not understand the Agreement ask a competent attorney to advise you. Do not license Manifold products if you do not understand the Agreement.
By downloading and utilizing Manifold products you also agree to the Other Licenses required to use accessory components delivered for your use in conjunction with Manifold products. The Other Licenses page provides a list of such licenses, which are typical open source and similar licenses.
In addition, by acquiring Manifold products through the Online Store or by any other means you agree to the additional terms and conditions and procedures of sale. The terms and conditions include important provisions and helpful information. Please read them carefully to be sure you agree with them. Do not acquire Manifold products if you do not agree.
Manifold is licensed as a desktop application, authorized using a serial number that authorizes each license on a single computer system. This is similar to how Microsoft Word and other such applications are typically licensed.
For a precise statement of licensing terms and conditions, please carefully read the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA), which regulates the license agreement granted users. The following points provide informal guidance to guide users, but do not in any way replace the legal meaning and controlling impact of the EULA.
- One machine, one license - Each machine that runs Manifold software or any part of Manifold software requires its own, unique Manifold software license. This is similar to how most consumer licenses for Microsoft Office operate. For example, if you want to run Microsoft Word on three machines you must have three licenses for Microsoft Word, one for each machine. Different users can use Manifold on the same machine, but not simultaneously.
- No Annual Fee - Licenses are fully paid licenses and are not annual rentals. Once a license has been installed and activated it will continue running forever until a major system change to the machine (major hardware change) or major system software change (new Windows edition installed, roll-back to before installation, etc.) requires use of a new Activation key. A license is a license for five Activation keys.
- No Maintenance Fees - No maintenance fee is required. Updates within the same Manifold software release level are free, provided users can download and install those updates without assistance from Manifold.
- Licenses do not include technical support - Manifold software licenses do not provide free technical support. Technical support products are available for a modest fee.
- Copy protection - Manifold software is copy protected using a serial number and Activation key system. A license to use Manifold software enables usage only within the copy protection system. Any attempt to circumvent the copy protection system terminates the license. Keep your serial number and Activation keys confidential to assure that your license rights are not terminated due to disclosure by someone else.
- Licenses can be moved, within reason - A Manifold software license is a license to use the serial number issued for that license to install and activate Manifold software on a single machine. Licenses can be moved to a different machine, typically up to five times per year, with the ability to move a license automatically "growing back". See the discussion in the About Activation page.
- Fail safe uses not authorized - Manifold software is not licensed for any uses in which the failure of the personal computer software technology employed will risk life, health, property or the environment in case of failure.
- Proof of licensing - Possession of a serial number is proof of licensing status. There is no need to update a license record.
- Questions and Answers - See the Installation / Activation FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions.
- One license per web server - To run Manifold Release 8 IMS you only need a single Manifold Release 8 GIS license per web server machine, no matter how many processors are employed by that web server and no matter how many web applications are resident on that web server machine.
- Unlimited hits and client connections - Only a single Manifold Release 8 GIS license is required per web server machine no matter how many pages or client connections are served.
- No client licenses required - By default, web applications created using Manifold Release 8 IMS do not require any Manifold Release 8 software on client machines: all you need is a free web browser like IE or Firefox. Therefore, no Manifold Release 8 GIS license per client is required. Note: some applications architects may choose to create applications which utilize Manifold Release 8 GIS software on client machines. In that case a Manifold Release 8 GIS license will be required on the client machine.
Manifold Release 8 IMS Usage
When Manifold Release 8 GIS is installed on a web server, Manifold Release 8 GIS capabilities can be invoked from a web application to GIS-enable that web application. Please see the Internet Map Server page for details on IMS. In addition to the above comments, the following highlights apply:
Licensing for Applications Developers
Every Manifold software license is a development environment. There is no need to buy some separate "objects library" because each Manifold software license exposes the Manifold API. See the Advice for Applications Developers section in the What to Buy page.
Academic Licenses For Manifold Release 8
Under selected circumstances, Manifold will consider making Academic License grants to qualified institutions. For information on this donation program, please visit the Academic Licensing page.
Manifold Viewer is the free, read-only version of Manifold Release 9. Although Viewer cannot write projects or save edited data back out to the original data sources, Viewer provides phenomenal capability to view and to analyze almost all possible different types of data in tables, vector geometry, raster data, drawings, maps and images from thousands of different sources. Viewer includes full SQL as well, with hundreds of spatial and other analytic functions.
Viewer can also create and write spatial indices for entire folders full of LiDAR files, save connections to favorite files and data sources, and even edit and save localization files to translate Manifold into new languages.
Manifold Viewer delivers a truly useful, fully CPU-parallel and GPU-parallel Manifold tool that gives you parallel power and endless Manifold capabilities at zero cost. No need to register, no adware, no requests for donations and no selling: use Viewer however you like, including commercial purposes. You can even redistribute Viewer, all for free.
Viewer is a great way to share the amazing projects you create in Manifold for free. Publish multi-hundred GB projects created in Manifold that anybody can pop open in 1/10th second for free using Viewer. Publish projects that include automatic connections to your organization's databases and worldwide webserved data, and include pre-built, sophisticated analytics and dynamic reporting that users can launch with a point and click. Track pandemics, help first responders fight wildfires, or just help your organization do a better job.
Viewer's small download (only 50 MB), instant launch, and clean display - free of convoluted ribbons and endless, confusing buttons - make it perfect for unskilled users. With Viewer a million people can share the dazzling analytics and insights you create with an inexpensive Manifold license, all at fully parallel speed with no need to pay for costly, cloud-based, web processing. Like Manifold, Viewer never crashes, no matter how big or complicated the job.See Viewer in action Watch the Manifold Viewer Introduction YouTube video.
"Mfd 9 is becoming a really good tool for sharing data with non-GIS folks. Clean interface makes it easy to teach others simple tasks. Easy to transfer a project. Easy to install software. Free viewer." - Forum post
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold® products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with a serial number sent out by email in seconds. Enjoy the world's most advanced spatial tools today!
Manifold® products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!