Seconds Not Hours
Manifold Release 9 is a new GIS that plays well with ESRI. Manifold provides hundreds of vector and raster geoprocessing tools that run ten, fifty, or even one hundred times faster than Spatial Analyst or other ESRI toolbox equivalents. Manifold Release 9 is only $95 for a fully-paid license: save thousands over Arc plus Spatial Analyst.
Offload big jobs to Manifold and do in nine seconds what takes twelve minutes in Arc, and then continue your workflow in the ESRI software you know and love. Manifold is so fast that ESRI users can save hours and days of time by exporting to Manifold, doing a job in seconds, and importing the results back into ESRI. Manifold can do in 20 minutes some tasks that take ESRI two and a half days.
Doing data science or other serious work with spatial data? See the SQL: Manifold vs. Arc page for why Manifold's superb spatial SQL is a better choice than ESRI's subset of SQL.
"To process even one modest piece of down sampled LiDAR within my region in ArcMap took ~60 hours to produce the 30 inundation layers. As I mentioned previously, this may then require fixing and a re-run of the process. The same process on the same DEM using Manifold 9's distance toolset takes around 40 seconds per layer or 20 minutes for the 30 intervals." - Government user, computing flood levels (emphasis added)
See direct comparisons between Manifold and Spatial Analyst: Visit the Faster than ESRI collection of videos. Do in seconds what takes Spatial Analyst minutes or hours.
"Manifold 9's best feature is its wicked fast speed. It is great in all things but the rendering speed really is the best thing from an every day use point of view. It is what makes 9 so much easier to use than 8 and a host of other GIS's." - Forum post
- Way Faster - Do in seconds what takes minutes or hours in Arc. Do in minutes what takes days in Arc.
- Easier to Use - Hundreds of point and click, single step, transformations and geoprocessing tools with less setup.
- Simpler Workflow - Much traditional GIS is complex prep work to enable faster processing by slower tools. Manifold speed allows skipping unnecessary prep work for lower cost and faster response.
- Bigger Data - Handle hundreds of GB of data. Open a terabyte project on a desktop PC.
- Faster Launch - Only a 53 MB download, Manifold launches in 1/2 second.
- Faster Opens - Open a 500 GB project with hundreds of layers in 1/10th second. Never fear big projects.
- Way More Agile - Faster performance and reduced complexity let you incorporate changes in data and analytics faster and more easily. Bring agility to your organization instead of wasting time trying to get around the limitations of slower tools. Manifold handles multiple maps and many layers with far greater agility than Arc.
- Never Crashes - No matter how big or complex the job, Manifold never crashes.
- Friendly with All - Interchange using popular GIS formats, including SDE, file GDB, and MDB Geodatabases.
- Pays for Itself - Time is money. Save days and weeks for only $95, fully paid license with free updates.
- Read/Write Built In - Enjoy built-in, read/write connections to ESRI geodatabases: Edit vector Geodatabases directly, in place. No need to chase around trying to find third party drivers or to struggle with insanely complex installations to get around the read-only limitations of amateur software. You also get real, full-featured SQL even with file geodatabases, which ArcGIS Pro cannot do.
- Connect to Everything - Use more formats and data sources than any other GIS, including special support for seamless, spatial data connections to major DBMS servers like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, DB2 and many more.
- Better Data Science - Far more advanced, built-in DBMS and SQL, and brilliant analytics. No external DBMS required, and automatically CPU parallel and GPU parallel. Do data science like the manycore 2020's, not like the single-core 1990's.
- Only Manifold has Real SQL - No other desktop GIS has real, full-featured SQL built in. Packages like ArcGIS Pro, FME, and QGIS are just clients to DBMS packages that have real SQL, which means you don't get the power of real SQL with hundreds of data sources, like shapefiles or GeoTIFF, that are not database packages. Manifold provides real, full-featured SQL for everything. See the Real SQL page.
- Superior ETL - Manifold delivers more sophisticated, faster, and easier Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) operations by providing hundreds of point-and-click transformations and endless analytics with fully CPU parallel and GPU parallel speed. Real, fully parallel SQL and integrated scripting for 10 languages gives you infinite capabilities for transformations. Best of all, instead of "blind" ETL tools that provide few or no visualizations, Manifold visualizes spatial data in context, with on the fly visual previews so you can be sure transforms will do exactly what you want with no surprises. Visual ETL is way better than blind ETL.
- Higher Precision - Military-grade algorithms, sub-pixel reprojection for rasters, and 170+ grids built in for NADCON5, HARN, and NTv2.
- No Dumbing Down - Arc crashes so much with bigger data you often have to use downsampled, less precise data with ESRI. Manifold easily runs with full precision data with no dumbing down required.
- No Paywalls - Everything is included and built-in for $95. Get thousands of features and never have to buy anything extra.
- No Puzzles - Manifold includes it all in a single, unified, highly orthogonal package that saves you time and money. No need to learn a patchwork of old, third party packages to do what should be built into the GIS itself, and no need to spend days playing software developer, trying to write bug-free code in Python for what Manifold delivers instantly with a point and click. Add Manifold to your GIS toolbox to complement the other GIS tools you know and love, to save time and effort when Manifold is way faster and easier.
- Better Scripting - If you like to code, Manifold supports 11 standard languages, including Python, V8, C# and Microsoft standard languages. Mix and match scripting inline in different languages on the fly within SQL expressions, and mix native SQL from DBMS packages like Postgres or Oracle within the same query as native, parallel, Manifold SQL. No limits, just ease of use and awesome power for GIS developers.
- Super Documentation - Numerous videos provide a fast and easy start, and a lavishly illustrated, online
User Manual written by full-time, professional, technical writers
covers every detail of Manifold with hundreds of step by step examples. The
API guide for developers provides hundreds of programmer to programmer examples, each given in C#, VBScript, and Python.
- Honest Quality - Enjoy better quality with near-zero bugs. Bugs never pile up but are immediately eliminated within a week or two. No need to buy a maintenance contract - bug fixes are always free.
- Community Driven - A highly active user community guides the product, with new builds on average every two weeks adding hundreds of features per month. No other GIS has such a direct connection to user community requests.
- Even Lower Cost than "Free" - Your time is worth far more than the low cost of Manifold. For only $95, you can easily afford integrated ease of use, vast and comprehensive capabilities, results that are always correct, crash-free reliability, and eye-popping parallel speed. Manifold delivers by far the lowest life-cycle costs of any GIS.
- Free Viewer - Publish multi-hundred GB projects created in Manifold that anybody can pop open in 1/10th second for free using Manifold Viewer - free to download, no registration required, and no ads or upsell.
Add Manifold to your ESRI toolkit and run big, complex jobs in Manifold to save time, to handle big data, to work with higher precision, and to avoid workflow disruption caused by crashes. Manifold also adds massive data science capabilities with database muscle and a superior SQL that are decades ahead of ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro. Best of all, Manifold costs only $95. Many ESRI users save big buying Basic ESRI licenses and using Manifold for database connections and geoprocessing.
"Merging is fantastically fast in M9. I merged some lidar tiles a while back in a project which already contained nearly half a TB of lidar data. The 30000x22000 surface was merged and written to a new component in the project in an eye watering 3.5 seconds." - Forum post
Install one package and you have it all at your fingertips. No need to
buy expensive extras or to
struggle to integrate separate products. You know how ESRI can charge a few thousand more
for the feature you need? Manifold doesn't do that. Manifold includes everything, right out
of the box. All the extras are already built-in. Launch Manifold and you can do it all right away.
Manifold was built from the ground up by a single, professional team as a totally
seamless and superlatively complete package that saves you time and money.
No need to figure out a jigsaw puzzle of quirky packages and no need to spend days playing software developer. Total Manifold integration and
legendary Manifold quality set you free to focus on your business.
Handle Bigger Data with Ease
Computing contours on a 26000 x 38000 raster crashes ArcMap, and takes 21 minutes in ArcGIS Pro. Manifold does the job in 11 seconds. Manifold is not only totally parallel for amazing speed, Manifold can also handle huge data with ease, instantly popping open projects with hundreds of GB in rasters or billions of vector objects, and then panning, zooming and geoprocessing without any delays.
"As a long time Manifold user, I'm simply awestruck by the performance gains. My colleagues are mostly ESRI users, but a few simple demos of intersecting large spatial datasets have won admiration from all." - Forum post
Manifold has the ease of installation and use of a desktop application, but inside runs the fastest, fully-parallel, spatial database engine ever created, handling hundreds of gigabytes and powering astounding stand-alone Manifold speed on the desktop, bottleneck-free connections to enterprise DBMS, and effortless connections to other database technologies like ESRI GDB file geodatabases. Manifold is guaranteed to keep up with even the fastest enterprise DBMS, allowing you to work with data in-place, or to slice and dice data in combinations from native ESRI storage, enterprise DBMS storage, or using any of hundreds of formats. All that is built into Manifold with no need to buy any options.
Speed Demo - 22 Million Roads: Manifold pops open a 10GB project of all roads in the continental US, over 22 million of them, in 1/10th of a second, with instantaneous, no-delay panning and zooming, even when reprojecting 22 million polylines on the fly. Amazing! Edits go super fast too: Open a second project with over 842,000 roads in Pennsylvania and copy and paste those into the 22 million road project in seconds. Manifold delivers all that speed on an inexpensive desktop machine.
Interchange data using your favorite ESRI formats, or use any of hundreds of other formats:
- ESRI ArcGrid: ADF format.
- ESRI BIL: Band Interleaved by Line (BIL) raster data.
- ESRI E00: Ubiquitous E00 format.
- ESRI FLT: ArcINFO Floating-Point Grid.
- ESRI GRD: ArcINFO ASCII Grid.
- ESRI SHP: Shapefiles!
- ESRI Geodatabases: Connect to GDB file geodatabases, MDB personal geodatabases, or SDE geodatabases on database servers such as Oracle and other database servers.
- ArcGIS REST Servers: REST servers using ESRI ArcGIS protocols, for common backgrounds.
Manifold also connects to all popular DBMSs, with sophisticated, dedicated support for spatial formats and coordinate system info:
Enjoy simple copy / paste data interchange between any data source and an ESRI data source, such as a GDB file geodatabase. Copy from a PostgreSQL/PostGIS database and paste into an ESRI GDB. Copy from GPKG or a shapefile and paste into a GDB. Easy!
- SQL Server
- IBM Db2
- Many more!
Professional Quality in Every Detail
Manifold delivers massively complete, totally professional capability in all details. Want NADCON 5 accuracy today? Can't get that in ArcGIS PRO 2.4, but NADCON 5 capability is built into Manifold at no extra cost. Manifold knows over 7500 projections (coordinate systems) worldwide, all of which are updated and supported directly by Manifold with no need to wait for updates to third party libraries.
Manifold includes extra high accuracy, point-and-click, conversion methods for coordinate system transformations, including hundreds of grid transformations worldwide for NADCON 5, NADCON, HARN, HPGN, and NTv2 high accuracy conversions. Manifold also knows all coordinate systems (SRIDs) used by major spatial databases, like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and DB2, and Manifold knows all collations used by those databases for various languages. Many claim to support Unicode, but without full database collations support like Manifold provides you don't have real Unicode capability.
"Never Crashes"... Really? Yes! Manifold is almost impossible to crash. You can expect to run Manifold all day, every day for ten years without seeing a crash. Feed it massively complex geoprocessing tasks and Manifold executes with blistering speed and total accuracy. Every time. Manifold always runs no matter how complex your task, no matter how big your data and no matter how many cores go to work for you at lightning speed. Worried a big job will crash Arc? Run it on Manifold, worry-free. Together with incredible speed and power, Manifold delivers rock-solid reliability.
Manifold fixes bugs in days, not in weeks or months, so bugs never pile up. Manifold provides free updates with no need to buy a support contract to get bug fixes. Every week or two a new build comes out you can download and use at no charge. New builds add dozens of new features and fix bugs. Manifold's outstanding
User Manual, covering every detail with thousands of illustrations and hundreds of step by step examples, supported with an extensive video library, makes it easy to learn how to work magic with Manifold. Every license comes with two free technical support tokens for professional support direct from Manifold. A highly active and civilized user community guides the product and provides constructive, collegial support.
"Input: 220803 areas (coord count 4 to 841654, often highly convoluted). Output: 29306396 convex areas. Incredibly fast.." - Forum post on convex decomposition of polygons, in Manifold an easy function.
Beyond ESRI: Parallel, Distributed SQL
Adding Manifold to your toolset adds DBMS and SQL capabilities well beyond ESRI, for more advanced data science, an outstanding strength of Manifold.
Inside Manifold runs the most powerful spatial DBMS ever created, all within a compact and totally unified Manifold desktop application with no admin burdens. It's all automatic.
Built upon manycore parallel CPU and massively parallel GPU DBMS infrastructure, Manifold includes a sophisticated, automatically parallel SQL query engine with a very high degree of modularity.
Big tasks get split into small tasks, which get sent to different computation nodes using Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) analytics. Manifold does that optimization automatically.
But Manifold goes much further than use of homogenous nodes.
Some of those nodes, potentially many thousands of nodes, can be GPU cores, and those GPU cores can be different types of cores from different GPUs.
Some of those nodes, also potentially thousands but more likely only a few dozen or few hundred, can be CPU cores. Computational nodes also can be external databases like Oracle or PostgreSQL.
The query engine will split the work between any and all such nodes so that they all run in parallel. All that is included in every Manifold desktop at no extra cost.
See Manifold in action Watch the Triangulate 5 Million Points YouTube video of Manifold previewing in one second a triangulation of over five million points, and then writing out the triangulation as a new drawing with over ten million areas in under three minutes. Other GIS software takes from well over an hour for that to even more than a day. Download the data set in shapefile format and try it in any other GIS. Nothing else comes close to one second.
In addition to the query engine Manifold has a big roster of built-in SQL functions, both spatial and non-spatial, which all work within that parallel architecture. Manifold also provides
a rich set of facilities to add very involved custom functions for execution within SQL using scripts written in popular languages.
All that parallelism happens automatically with no need for any parallel coding or manual setup of tasks. Write the SQL you already know and Manifold executes it as if a team of experts
had parallelized it for you. No need for weeks or months of scary effort that older tools require.
It's also great to have everything you need for world-class spatial DBMS magic built into Manifold, with no need to install and maintain a separate DBMS. Manifold connects with ease and has perfect support for popular enterprise DBMS as well, but you don't have to use an external DBMS to get vast capacity and blistering speed. All that is built into Manifold.
Manifold is so fast and so powerful as a DBMS that many people use Manifold for data science and DBMS ETL having nothing to do with GIS: they like the speed, power, flexibility, point-and-click tools, SQL sophistication, and ease of use Manifold delivers for database exploration, analytics, and manipulation. Add Manifold to your ESRI shop and you get all that too.
"When I said "Radian is much faster than PostgresSQL with uncomplicated SQL." I was thinking about the time I spend trying to get PostgresSQL server working rather than how fast queries work. [...]
For dweebs like me having to run a database server on your home computer is daunting so a program [like Manifold] that has its own database functionality internal and local is much faster in terms of real effort time." - Forum post
Above: LiDAR terrain elevation data for Charles County, Maryland, from an ArcGIS REST server. Palette and hill shading done on-the-fly by Manifold.
Manifold's modern technology delivers the most sophisticated
spatial analytics in GIS or DBMS. Legacy workflows have legacy limitations, such as separate layers or data sets
for polygons, lines and points or tedious preparation to assure no overlaps for spatial overlays. Manifold provides
a rich selection of spatial engineering tools, both point-and-click templates as well as massively complete SQL
functions, that automatically handle any topology, no matter how strange, and simultaneously work with mixed
polygons, lines and points with automatic blending of mixed database values and mixed projections as well.
No other spatial data tool at any price can handle such difficult topological situations automatically.
"I went from only being able to generate watercourses/watersheds on relatively small DEM's to being able to generate watercourses/watersheds on SRTM data for the whole of the New Zealand mainland in 10 mins and 20 mins respectively on my 5 year old machine. Amazing work!" - Forum post."
Three Free Activation Keys in 2021 - To support installation on work at home machines, Manifold licenses using the legacy activation system will automatically qualify for three free additional activation keys in 2021. Additional keys are automatically granted when activation is requested for a license that has run out of keys.
$95 - Manifold Release 9 Universal - Includes all Release 9 features. Single desktop license that enables 64-bit operation in 64-bit Windows systems, 32-bit operation in 64-bit Windows systems (used for compatibility when integrating with other software that is limited to 32-bit operation), or 32-bit operation in 32-bit Windows systems. Best buy.
$175 - Manifold Release 9 Universal + Manifold 8.00 Ultimate x64 - A product bundle that includes both Manifold Release 9 and Manifold 8.00 Ultimate x64 at one low price.
$95 - Manifold 8.00 Ultimate x64 - Release 8 is the world's best classic GIS providing seamless desktop, enterprise, programming and web serving GIS in totally integrated product. Get all features of the 8.00 product line at the best price ever.
$245 - SQL for ArcGIS® Pro - Special introductory offer for SQL for ArcGIS Pro: Save $150 off the regular price of $395. Single desktop license that includes all SQL for ArcGIS Pro features. Requires Esri ArcGIS® Pro version 2.8 or more recent. Includes free download of maintenance upgrades.
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Experience Manifold Power in a Free Tool
Manifold Viewer is the free, read-only version of Manifold Release 9. Although Viewer cannot write projects or save edited data back out to the original data sources, Viewer provides phenomenal capability to view and to analyze almost all possible different types of data in tables, vector geometry, raster data, drawings, maps and images from thousands of different sources. Viewer includes full SQL as well, with hundreds of spatial and other analytic functions.
Viewer can also create and write spatial indices for entire folders full of LiDAR files, save connections to favorite files and data sources, and even edit and save localization files to translate Manifold into new languages.
Manifold Viewer delivers a truly useful, fully CPU-parallel and GPU-parallel Manifold tool that gives you parallel power and endless Manifold capabilities at zero cost. No need to register, no adware, no requests for donations and no selling: use Viewer however you like, including commercial purposes. You can even redistribute Viewer, all for free.
Viewer is a great way to share the amazing projects you create in Manifold for free. Publish multi-hundred GB projects created in Manifold that anybody can pop open in 1/10th second for free using Viewer. Publish projects that include automatic connections to your organization's databases and worldwide webserved data, and include pre-built, sophisticated analytics and dynamic reporting that users can launch with a point and click. Track pandemics, help first responders fight wildfires, or just help your organization do a better job.
Viewer's small download (only 50 MB), instant launch, and clean display - free of convoluted ribbons and endless, confusing buttons - make it perfect for unskilled users. With Viewer a million people can share the dazzling analytics and insights you create with a single $95 Manifold license, all at fully parallel speed with no need to pay for costly, cloud-based, web processing. Like Manifold, Viewer never crashes, no matter how big or complicated the job.
See Viewer in action Watch the Manifold Viewer Introduction YouTube video.
"Mfd 9 is becoming a really good tool for sharing data with non-GIS folks. Clean interface makes it easy to teach others simple tasks. Easy to transfer a project. Easy to install software. Free viewer." - Forum post
Get Manifold Viewer