How to Buy
The World's Fastest and Most Powerful GIS
Manifold® Release 9 provides the world's most sophisticated and most powerful GIS, the only GIS that automatically is fully parallel to use all of your computer for dramatically faster performance. Enjoy life with super-fast GIS and. Say good-bye to slow, non-parallel GIS that crashes on big jobs.
- Parallel Power: Release 9 is built upon Manifold's massively parallel Radian spatial platform, by far the world's richest, fastest and most powerful spatial data engineering engine. Radian technology guarantees phenomenal power and speed even with big data and all with bulletproof reliability.
- Connect to everything: Manifold works with data from enterprise class DBMS installations, web server data sources, file databases and every format encountered in spatial engineering and GIS.
- Everything you need for GIS: From all the GIS basics to thousands of capabilities for expert work, you can do almost any GIS task imaginable with ease, power and unmatched accuracy.
- Explore data: Visualize an unlimited range of tables, vector data, drawings, maps, raster data and images to see data in context with on-the-fly visualization.
- Superior ETL: Manifold's smooth, totally integrated visualizations, including on-the-fly previews, provide faster, more reliable ETL, with never a mistake from flying blind.
- Parallel SQL: Manipulate any data, transform it and analyze it using the full power of automatically parallel SQL together with hundreds of spatial engineering functions.
- Spatial Mastery: Manifold knows more coordinate systems than any other spatial engineering or GIS tool. Whether it is EPSG, custom coordinate systems from legacy GIS, or specialized government-sponsored high-precision systems, Manifold knows it all.
- Superior Data Science: The Radian database engine inside every Manifold installation powers superior data science workflows by combining superior SQL, superior analytics to provide better insights faster, using either point-and-click dialogs or unlimited SQL.
- Ease of Use: Manifold automates with point-and-click ease what would take decades to program manually, the automatic, optimized parallelization of virtually all functions to multiple CPUs, multiple CPU cores, multiple GPUs and potentially thousands of GPU cores.
- Lowest cost of ownership: The fastest, most powerful desktop GIS ever created is now also the world's lowest cost GIS:
Only $145for a fully-paid Manifold Professional license, and not just a lease or subscription. Get thousands of features with speed and the power to easily handle data that totally crushes any other GIS for incredibly low cost of ownership. More modern technology makes that possible.
Nothing else comes close: No other GIS or spatial tool comes remotely close to the vast range of capabilities, capacity, power, performance and quality Manifold provides at one low price.
Editions for Every Need
Release 9 comes in three editions so you can get the lowest cost for the features you need:
- Manifold Release 9 Professional edition provides thousands of features and is perfect for standalone use or as a client in workgroups using Manifold Server. Professional edition is the foundation for high performance, high efficiency, professional GIS work.
- Manifold Release 9 Universal edition includes all Professional features plus Manifold Commander for easy automation of common tasks using command line execution and Windows Task Scheduler. Universal also adds a limited version of Manifold Server to support smaller workgroups. Individuals who are automating tasks will use Universal edition, and smaller workgroups who share data through Manifold Server to simultaneous users will also typically use Universal licenses.
- Manifold Release 9 Server edition includes all Universal features and also adds an unlimited version of Manifold Server, with no limits on connections or simultaneous sessions serving out different data sets. Larger workgroups and organizations of all sizes will use Server licenses to serve shared data outbound to many users.
Rapid Evolution · Free Updates
Cutting Edge builds of Release 9 that are issued every two weeks or so extend the power and feature set of Release 9 with hundreds of additional features every few months. Your Release 9 license enables you to download and utilize all Cutting Edge Release 9 builds to get the very latest upgrades. Cutting Edge builds are open beta builds that allow rapid response to community wishes in Manifold's community-driven engineering process.
Manifold typically issues thousands of improvements at no charge in free updates to licensees. Release 8 included over 5,000 improvements during the product life cycle. Your Release 9 license acquired now will provide access to all free Release 9 updates at full Universal level now and in the future.
Manifold Commander runs from a command line, and allows running SQL queries within a Manifold project or scripts either within the Manifold project or in external files. It allows launching commands to automatically do work without having to manually launch Manifold and operate it interactively. Using Windows Task Scheduler you can launch tasks using Commander on a regular schedule, such as updating a CSV every night for serving to clients, updating databases, or converting files into different formats.
The limited Manifold Server configuration in Universal edition allows one Server instance per machine launched from a Command Prompt window with a limited number of connections. A universal license is a single desktop license that includes simultaneous interactive use of Manifold 9 along with a Server instance, allowing interactive use at the same time the machine is running as a server. Best buy.
An unlimited number of connections takes advantage of cost-efficient, many core CPUs that can provide very many threads on server machines at low cost. Single machine license that includes simultaneous interactive use of Manifold 9 along with a Server instances, allowing interactive use at the same time the machine is running as a server. Outstanding value for workgroups and organizations
"Is there anyplace else in the computer world where such clear, comprehensive help gets written so fast and well? Wonderful! - Manifold user
Release 9 Academic Licenses
New! A generous number of Manifold System Release 9 licenses may be donated at no charge to academic institutions which sponsor the creation of localization files for their national language or for a new language. This is a limited, experimental program. Please contact email@example.com to participate.
Built into Release 9 Universal - Every Release 9 Universal license includes a limited version of Manifold Server. Installing Release 9 Universal automatically installs the limited version of Server and activating Release 9 Universal automatically activates Server for use on that machine. For
Unlimited Use with Release 9 Server - Step up to the unlimited version of Manifold Server: Every Release 9 Server license includes a unlimited version of Manifold Server. Installing Release 9 Server automatically installs the unlimited version of Server and activating Release 9 Server automatically activates Server for unlimited use on that machine. For
With either Manifold 9 Universal or Manifold 9 Server, you can use both Release 9 and Server simultaneously on the same machine. With Manifold 9 Server you can even launch multiple Server instances on the same machine, to serve different constellations of data at the same time from that machine.
Commander launches from a command line such as in a Windows Command Prompt window, or in a .bat batch file, or from a Windows PowerShell script, from within Windows Task Manager to automate tasks. Commander can run either SQL queries or scripts from within a specified .map file, and Commander also can run scripts from a specified script file stored outside a Manifold project. Script in ten different languages!
- Your own Automated Factory - Commander provide an automated production line for accomplishing nearly any GIS, DBMS or ETL task. String together any of hundreds of functions using whatever logic you want in scripts, or take advantage of the higher level functionality you get with SQL that automates routine infrastructure for you. Manifold features like the Transform pane will automatically write SQL that accomplishes what you've set up using point and click templates. It's like being able to tell a factory full of robots what you want them to do.
- Built into Universal and Server Editions - Manifold Release 9 Universal and Server licenses include Manifold Commander. Installing either Release 9 Universal or Release 9 Server automatically installs Manifold Commander. When you buy Release 9 Universal for $195 you automatically get Manifold Commander as well. There is no need to make any additional purchases to get Commander.
- Simultaneous Use with Interactive Sessions - Universal and Server licenses allow simultaneous use of Manifold in an unlimited number of interactive sessions, even while an unlimited number of Manifold Commander sessions can be launched in background. Run automated tasks on the same computer at the same time as you continue to work interactively with Manifold.
- Automation with SQL and Scripts - Commander allows running queries within a Manifold project or scripts either within the Manifold project or in external files. Commander allows launching commands to automatically do work without having to manually launch Manifold and operate it interactively.
- Replace Costly and Slow ETL Tools - Commander is Manifold, so just like Manifold it runs fully parallel, with incredible parallel CPU and massively parallel GPU speed. Queries and scripts provide access to the full power of Manifold, enabling use of hundreds of Manifold functions and the full power of SQL and scripts to interact with data in databases or in any of hundreds of formats and data sources, to transform that data, do analyses, and save the transformed data or results or output to desired formats. Replace costly, non-parallel tools like FME at a fraction of the price.
- Schedule Tasks - Using Windows Task Scheduler you can launch tasks using Commander on a regular schedule, such as updating a CSV every night for serving to clients, updating databases, or converting files into different formats.
- Generate New Files - Commander can automatically write output to new files, with the type determined by the file extension. Create new .map project files, or write to formats like Esri file geodatabases or SQLite.
See the Manifold Commander user manual topic for details and illustrated, step by step examples.
SQL for ArcGIS®Pro
SQL for ArcGIS® Pro is an add-in that provides ArcGIS® Pro users with the world's most sophisticated and most powerful desktop spatial SQL. Enjoy life with super-fast SQL and say good-bye to the hassles of trying to do big, complex jobs without SQL.
Every SQL for ArcGIS Pro license enables 64-bit operation in 64-bit Windows systems. SQL for ArcGIS Pro requires installation of Esri ArcGIS® Pro, version 2.8 or more recent. SQL for ArcGIS Pro supports both ArcGIS Pro 2.x as well a sthe new ArcGIS Pro 3.x release.
See the SQL for ArcGIS Pro page for an overview.
Special Introductory Offer
Classic GIS: Release 8
Three in One at a Bargain Price
Manifold® Release 8 delivers a modern Windows GIS product that provides three major classes of GIS functionality in a single package:
- Desktop: Exceptionally powerful desktop and enterprise GIS for all of your data and GIS needs.
- Programming: A rich and extensive development environment for custom GIS and Vertical Market applications.
- Web Server: Enterprise class Internet Map Server for web applications and to publish your results to the Web.
The right mix for you: Manifold Release 8 delivers advanced features to organizations while providing tremendous capabilities at very low cost for individuals. You get everything you need in one package at one low price.
There are no short cuts to professional quality. Manifold's full-time, dedicated professional team delivers the ease of use, efficiency and power of the world's most modern GIS software. Nothing else comes close. Manifold saves your time by giving you all capabilities in one, totally organic, seamless package. The best documentation in GIS guides you through Manifold's unified, perfectly integrated interface to put all capabilities at your fingertips. With Manifold there is no need to puzzle through a confusing mix of code and libraries cobbled together from non-Windows interfaces, obsolete technology, different vendors, different companies or amateur websites. No need to buy expensive options or to learn strange, non-Windows modules.
Lowest Cost or Greatest Power?
Manifold Release 8 delivers the best of both worlds in a classic GIS package. Legacy commercial packages like ESRI or MapInfo deliver professional quality and power but cost a fortune to buy and maintain. Their high marketing costs pull resources from development so technology often lags. Freeware packages may be free to download but they can cost you a fortune in labor to work around core limitations and to develop or to integrate what's missing.
Manifold Release 8 combines the low costs of freeware with the unbeatable power and quality of professional GIS by using the latest in modern software engineering. You get by far the best quality in GIS with the most modern, most powerful technology, without spending a fortune or having to play software developer to glue together third party bits and pieces. Don't settle for having to choose between low cost and professional GIS. Get both with Manifold Release 8.
Manifold Release 8 Ultimate Edition
Ultimate Edition is so inexpensive and so phenomenally powerful that it is the choice for most power users in business, government, academia, nonprofits and even individual enthusiasts. Universal x64 is by far the most powerful and most sophisticated classic desktop GIS ever created at any price. Nothing else comes close.
$95 - Release 8 Ultimate x64 Edition combines all Release 8 features for individuals, professionals, and organizational users, plus specialized Administrative capabilities used by administrators in large Enterprises. Allows easy management of Manifold components stored on enterprise-class databases such as IBM DB/2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL/PostGIS. Includes Batch Export to Oracle and also Administrator Console for enabling user-friendly features such as formatting, preconfigured linking and friendly names. A must have for teams and larger organizations When your organization deploys dozens or hundreds of Manifold licenses and your users will simultaneously view and edit the same data in centralized data stores, administrators use Ultimate Edition to provide greater organizational efficiency with ease of use by non-experts.
- Includes development facilities for custom programming.
- Includes database connectivity plus spatial SQL superior to that found in any DBMS.
- Includes endless capacity to utilize data from a vast array of file formats, database management systems and web-based data servers.
- Includes the Manifold Internet Map Server for GIS enabled web sites using HTML, OGC WMS, OGC WFS-T (transaction enabled) and Manifold Image Server.
- Includes Enterprise class features such as simultaneous, multi-user editing of Enterprise spatial DBMS.
- Includes Geocoding Tools, Business Tools and Surface Tools extensions.
- Includes Administrator Console
- Includes all Manifold Release 8 features and functions.
Manifold Release 8 Prices
Supports storage of images and surfaces in spatial DBMS (including native support for Oracle GeoRasters) as well as Area of Interest windowing into terabyte-class spatial DBMS data sets. Network fault-tolerant. Writes to .e00, too. Also includes additional shared database administration and configuration tools. Allows easy management of Manifold components stored on enterprise-class databases such as IBM DB/2, Oracle, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 and PostgreSQL/PostGIS. Includes Batch Export to Oracle and also Administrator Console for enabling user-friendly features such as formatting, preconfigured linking and friendly names. A must have for teams and larger organizations to supplement Manifold licenses used by most users in the organization (most users normally use Universal Edition). Includes all Release 8 features in a single, highly integrated package
- $95 - Manifold 8.00 Ultimate x64 - 64-bit version.
Prices above are fully paid licenses and are not annual rentals.
- All Manifold System products include full programming capabilities - Every license is a "developers edition."
- All Manifold products require 64-bit Windows, providing full 64-bit power.
- Buy the products on this page using credit cards on the Online Store.
- All prices are in US Dollars. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- For advice on what products to buy, please see the What to Buy page.
Manifold products are delivered as a download by Internet. No DVDs or hard copy packages are sent. Downloads provide instant delivery and avoid customs hassles for international buyers. Downloads save the environment as well, with no plastic trash or transportation pollution.
Technical Support Products
Technical support incidents provide direct access to Manifold technical experts for answers to specific questions about Manifold Release 9 or Manifold Release 8. Each incident covers a specific question. All Manifold tech support is paid. A small fee is charged for each tech support incident with a slightly higher fee charged for developer level questions. Some Manifold licenses may include two pre-paid standard incidents to help get you started (low cost products do not). Response times are average responses for business days only, excluding weekends and holidays. Tech support is provided only for the current Manifold release and the current Manifold update for that release.
$45 - Standard Tech Support Incident - One standard technical support incident. 48 hour response email technical support for interactive features of the current Manifold release up to Personal level features. Excludes support for programming, customization of any kind, web serving, SQL and features for Universal Edition and above.
$195 - Standard Technical Support - Ten standard technical support incidents. 48 hour response email technical support for interactive features of the current Manifold release up to Personal level features. Excludes support for programming, customization of any kind, web serving, SQL and features for Universal Edition and above.
$95 - Developer Tech Support Incident - One developer technical support incident. 48 hour response email developer technical support for all current edition Manifold features.
$495 - Developer Technical Support - Ten developer technical support incidents. 48 hour response email developer technical support contract for all current edition Manifold features.
Fee-based services enable assistance with lost serial numbers or provide additional activations over time.
$25 - Limited Key Recovery - This service product orders an attempted recovery and resending of the last Manifold serial number email sent to the given email address. If the given email address is no longer valid or no serial number email has previously been sent to that email address, the key recovery will fail and the $25 fee will not be refunded - it will be retained as a service fee for the labor involved in the recovery attempt. Successful recovery is not guaranteed and may not happen. Please read the Key Recovery Service Instructions before ordering this product to avoid wasting the service fee.
Under some circumstances discounts of up to 50% are available on prepaid orders. Please see the Discounts page for details.
Terms of Sale / Licensing
Manifold software products are licensed, not sold. See the Terms and Conditions of Sale for additional information. By ordering Manifold products you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Sale. Please also review the Licensing page for an important overview of licensing.
Parallel Viewing and Analysis in a Free Tool
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!