- Easy to Play
- Parallel CPU
- Parallel GPU
- Superior Analytics
- Real SQL
- Spatial SQL
- SQL: Manifold vs Arc
- Data Sources
- Collect Data in the Field
- What to Buy
- Manifold Commander
- Manifold Server
- SQL for ArcGIS® Pro
- Release 8
- System Requirements
- User Manuals
- Product Downloads
Something for Everyone
Manifold® Release 9 provides scripting using
Visit the API Documentation for complete details and many examples of scripting in Manifold. Visit the User Manual to learn how to use Manifold interactively and to get a good conceptual foundation for programming Manifold.
"The initial C# examples on the API web site are certainly beautiful" - Forum post
The API Documentation provides total details on the API and also provides hundreds of examples, many of which are provided in three versions: C#, VBScript and IronPython.
The API examples below provide side-by-side C#, VBScript and IronPython code to connect to an IMG file and retrieve a table that contains image data. The file format can be ERDAS IMG, ENVI IMG, IDRISI IMG or any other supported technology that matches the filename.
Manifold creates new scripts with a text stub that provides a "Hello, World!" example in that language. Following are examples of the default "Hello, World!" scripts which Manifold creates automatically when a new script window is opened using a Manifold supported scripting language.
Interact with SQL
You can use snippets of SQL everywhere in Manifold, including within scripts, and you can use scripting to create functions called by SQL. Scripts can use the vast range of Manifold SQL query functions as if they were implemented in the object model.
Manifold is Agnostic
Manifold is completely agnostic about programming languages, as can be seen by the wide range of languages which are directly supported for scripting in Manifold. C#, JScript, JScript.NET, VB.NET and VBScript are supported and are always available because of the Microsoft environment required for Manifold. Manifold also supports F#, IronPython, IronRuby, PerlScript and PythonScript, which are easy to install if desired.
New! Automate Complex Jobs with Manifold® Commander
Commander launches from a command line such as in a Windows Command Prompt window, or in a .bat batch file, or from a Windows PowerShell script, from within Windows Task Manager to automate tasks. Commander can run either SQL queries or scripts from within a specified .map file, and Commander also can run scripts from a specified script file stored outside a Manifold project. Script in ten different languages!
- Your own Automated Factory - Commander provide an automated production line for accomplishing nearly any GIS, DBMS or ETL task. String together any of hundreds of functions using whatever logic you want in a sequence of SQL queries, or use scripts in any of ten different programming languages. Manifold features like the Transform pane will automatically write SQL that accomplishes what you've set up using point and click templates. It's like being able to tell a factory full of robots what you want them to do.
- Built into Universal and Server Editions - Manifold Release 9 Universal and Server licenses include Manifold Commander. Installing either Release 9 Universal or Release 9 Server automatically installs Manifold Commander. When you buy Release 9 Universal for $195 you automatically get Manifold Commander as well. There is no need to make any additional purchases to get Commander.
- Replace Costly and Slow ETL Tools - Commander is Manifold, so just like Manifold it runs fully parallel, with incredible parallel CPU and massively parallel GPU speed. Queries and scripts provide access to the full power of Manifold, enabling use of hundreds of Manifold functions and the full power of SQL and scripts to interact with data in databases or in any of hundreds of formats and data sources, to transform that data, do analyses, and save the transformed data or results or output to desired formats. Replace costly, non-parallel tools like FME at a fraction of the price.
- Schedule Tasks - Using Windows Task Scheduler you can launch tasks using Commander on a regular schedule, such as updating a CSV every night for serving to clients, updating databases, or converting files into different formats.
See the Manifold Commander user manual topic for details and illustrated, step by step examples.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!