- Easy to Play
- Parallel CPU
- Parallel GPU
- Superior Analytics
- Real SQL
- Spatial SQL
- SQL: Manifold vs Arc
- Data Sources
- Collect Data in the Field
- What to Buy
- Manifold Server
- SQL for ArcGIS® Pro
- Release 8
- System Requirements
- User Manuals
- Product Downloads
How to Buy
Easy · Fast · Reliable · Smart
Getting the most out of survey data collected in the field, especially during emergencies, requires robust, pre-built solutions that work 100% of the time without fail, with point and click clarity that eliminates errors caused by complex workflow or custom code.
Manifold Release 9 provides a one-click connection to your KoBoToolbox account with easy connections to databases, analytic packages, and GIS. Using whatever KoBoToobox server you prefer, Manifold creates a dynamic link as if your KoBoToolbox projects and data were local to your project. Everything you need is built into Manifold, including connections to hundreds of formats, web servers, database packages, and other data sources, including Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, PostgreSQL, and many others.
With a simple copy and paste send your KoBoToolbox data to any of the hundreds of DBMS servers, formats, and other data sources Manifold provides, with Manifold automatically casting geographic data like geopoints into the correct coordinate system SRIDs major spatial database servers require. Gain insight using Manifold analytics and visualization and enjoy hundreds of point and click transforms to slice and dice and transform your data into exactly the form you want. Use full spatial SQL, built into Manifold, for infinite data manipulation capabilities. Want to send your KoBoToolbox data into your organization's enterprise DBMS server? Two clicks and you're done, no coding required.
Manifold is the easiest, fastest, lowest cost, and most reliable way to send your KoBoToolbox data into DBMS and GIS applications. Send data as is or enjoy vast capabilities to transform the data however you like.
- One-click connection to KoBoToolbox servers.
- Copy from KoBo with a single click and then Paste with a single click to whatever data source you want.
- Built-in choice of KoBoToolbox servers: humanitarian, everyone, or your own servers.
- Dynamic updates when new projects or new data are added to your account.
- Connect directly to a specific asset, handy when an account has very many assets.
- Automatic translation of image, audio, video, and file sentinels to URLs.
- Automatic management of datatypes with full Unicode support, including collations, for international languages.
- Automatically creates georeferenced GIS-compatible drawings to visualize geopoint, geotrace, and geoshape data acquired.
- Automatically handles projection / coordinate system issues and SRIDs when sending KoBo data into spatial DBMS.
- Enjoy hundreds of point and click transforms to manipulate your KoBo data, to extract, analyze, and transform data to enhance the value of your data.
- No Puzzles - Manifold includes it all in a single, unified, highly orthogonal package that saves you time and money. No need to learn a patchwork of old, third party packages, and no need to spend days playing software developer to get what Manifold delivers instantly with a point and click.
- Instant access: No need for slow and error-prone manual downloads and imports.
- Immediate results: No need to code and debug custom code using the KoBo API.
- High performance, smart connections to DBMS servers like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL and many more.
- Blistering fast performance: Manifold is fully CPU and GPU parallel, automatically using all cores.
- Automatically parallel SQL: write standard SQL and Manifold automatically converts that to fully CPU parallel SQL for execution. Slice and dice KoBo data with amazing parallel speed.
- Point and click user interfaces: Copy and paste is way faster than dealing with complex DBMS loading dialogs.
- Everything is built in. No instability from cobbling together packages that depend on other packages.
- No need to program, maintain, and debug custom code using the KoBo API.
- Professionally maintained: A full time professional team maintains Manifold for maximum quality.
- Zero crashes: You can run Manifold all day, every day for 20 years without seeing a crash.
- Honest quality: Bugs never pile up but are immediately eliminated within a week or two. No need to buy a maintenance contract - bug fixes are always free.
- Windows 11 today: Runs on Windows 11 and Windows 10 today, as well as earlier Windows versions.
- Free maintenance: New builds are issued for free every two weeks with new features and any bug fixes.
- Unified quality: Manifold was built from the ground up by a professional team as a unified package, written using modern software technology for high reliability and blistering performance.
- Proven by users worldwide: Manifold's phenomenally bulletproof data engines have been proven against the most complex tasks by users worldwide. Feed it massively complex geoprocessing tasks or spatial SQL and Manifold executes with blistering speed and total accuracy. Every time. Manifold always runs no matter how complex your task, no matter how big your data and no matter how many cores go to work for you at lightning speed.
- Collect once, use everywhere: Manifold knows hundreds of different databases, data sources, and file formats.
- Enjoy effortless copy/paste dispatch of KoBo assets to other organizational assets, for example enterprise databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and many more.
- Manifold is the fastest way to get data from KoBo collection apps into ArcGIS® Pro and other GIS apps: Just copy from the KoBo server shown in the project and paste into your geodatabase or other Esri data store.
- Save your KoBO data into hundreds of file database and file formats, like SQLite, GPKG, Microsoft Access, Excel, shapefiles, and many other formats.
- Apply unmatched, built-in spatial expertise to handle survey data involving geographic data.
- Manifold knows thousands of coordinate reference systems, including the entire EPSG system and all SRIDs used by enterprise spatial databases.
- Use hundreds of point and click transforms and functions to get the most out of your survey data, and to prep it for maximum utility and value to your organization.
- During emergencies, saving time can mean saving lives: fully CPU and GPU parallel Manifold is by far the fastest spatial analytic engine, often doing in seconds what takes less advanced packages hours or even days.
- Use the free Manifold Viewer to review KoBo assets from anywhere in the world.
Release 9 includes built-in integration with the world's most widely used standard for data collection in the field, the same ODK/Enketo/KoBo W3C web standard technology that is utilized by Esri's Survey123 application for field data collection.
Manifold delivers that technology in a non-proprietary form that does not tie you to any proprietary servers for data collection, but allows you the choice of either free use of servers hosted in the cloud (up to 10,000 data points and 5GB collected per month per account for free) or totally free data collection servers hosted on your machines.
With a single click onto a favorite connection, Release 9 connects to your collected data, dynamically providing direct access to your collected data stored on servers as if it was local to your Manifold projects. That makes it effortlessly easy to use that data in Manifold maps, or to copy it and to paste into your organization's data storage resources, such as enterprise DBMS servers like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
No extra cost: You get field data collection, including Android mobile and dynamic Enketo web form apps for mobile devices, with dynamic, one-click use of collected data in every Release 9 license for no extra cost. No need to buy or to license separate apps or to pay for online storage. You get it all built into every Manifold license for
How It Works
Release 9 includes a sophisticated dataport for KoBoToolbox, a widely used open source technology for data acquisition using mobile clients or a web browser that provides an easy to use implementation of ODK/Enketo data collection technology. The data can be hosted on a server provided by KoBoToolbox (there are generous free options), or on your own system with KoBoToolbox.
The Manifold dataport provides a sophisticated, live, dynamic connection utilizing the extensive KoBO API to make it seem like the server hosting your collected data is part of the Manifold project, with dynamic refresh to automatically capture any new data collection projects, and to update data in existing projects. Manifold automatically creates drawings to visualize collected data that includes geolocations such as point, line, or area geometry. The dataport automatically captures rich media attachements, like images, video, and audio, as URLs. See the Collecting Data in the Field user manual topic.
Highlights of using KoBo and Manifold include:
- Design forms quickly and easily using an intuitive form builder.
- Reuse existing questions and blocks of questions and manage them in the question library.
- Build complex forms with skip logic and validation.
- More than 20 different question types available including location, image, video, rating, matrix, and many others.
- Easily share projects with colleagues and set granular permission levels.
- Import and export industry-standard XLSForms. Import via URL or upload from your computer.
- Use forms from other ODK/Enketo apps, like Esri's Survey123. Many work "as is" with no need to edit.
- Enjoy vast support for learning, with endless "how to" websites and tutorials.
- Collect data online with an Internet connection or completely offline.
- Collect data on phones, tablets or any browser using the free KoBoCollect app on Android devices and Enketo on any modern browser.
- Automatic synchronization between mobile device and server via SSL, ensuring data cannot be read by a third party.
- Strong safeguards against data loss, even on very long interviews / data acquisition sessions.
- Data is immediately available right after it is collected and a connection can be found by the mobile device.
- New Manifold dataport connects directly to KoBo servers from anywhere in the world. No need for manual downloads and imports.
- See dynamically linked content within the server, with dynamic updates of new projects and new data added.
- Connect to KoBo for everyone, KoBo Humanitarian, or your own KoBo server.
- Connect directly to a specific asset, handy when an account has very many assets.
- One click refresh to update all assets in an account.
- Refreshes automatically update assets with any changes in records or fields.
- The KOBO dataport translates image / audio / video / file sentinels to URLs.
- Manifold automatically creates drawings to visualize geopoint, geotrace, and geoshape data acquired.
- Manifold automatically refreshes opened KoBoToolbox tables every five minutes.
- Near-zero overhead: Changes are fetched only when they occur.
- Automatic refreshes capture any change that advances the table version.
- Automatically updates when new records are added in the table in the KoBoToolbox server, and also when fields are added or deleted to tables in the server.
The new capability makes it easy to acquire data in the field using survey forms and to instantly make that data available within a Manifold project or pasted into your organization's database servers or Esri apps.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold® products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with a serial number sent out by email in seconds. Enjoy the world's most advanced spatial tools today!
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!