Please Read Carefully
Installation of Manifold® Release 8
Looking for Release 9 or Viewer instructions? Visit the Installation page.
- Release 8 installation packages come in one form: .exe files that are Windows Installer packages. Release 8 installation packages are not published as portable installations. Download the Release 8 installation packages from the Release 8 Downloads page.
- Install the package using the installation instructions on this page.
- Launch Release 8. The first time 8 is launched it will raise an Activation dialog. Enter your serial number to activate. For details, see the Activation Guide page.
- Learn to operate Release 8 by reading the User Manual.
Release 8 builds are cumulative, including all new features and fixes issued in previous builds. You don't need to install any previous builds to get everything in the latest build.
Windows Installer Packages
Release 8 installation packages are .exe Windows Installer installation packages, either for 64-bit Windows or for 32-bit Windows. You cannot install a 64-bit installation package on 32-bit Windows. Install or uninstall as follows.
- A Windows Installer package is a .exe file. Double-click the .exe file to launch the installation.
- Windows may complain the package is an unrecognized app, or that the publisher is unknown. Ignore those warnings and run the installation anyway.
- Installation dialogs are the usual, obvious dialogs. Press the Install button and otherwise click through the dialogs.
- In addition to installing Release 8, if necessary the package will install or update any Microsoft pre-requisites, such as the C++ Redistributable package. When finished, the dialog will announce the installation is successfully completed. Press the Close button to close the dialog. Release 8 is now installed.
- Launch Release 8 from the Windows Start button. The first time 8 is launched it will raise an Activation dialog. Enter your serial number to activate. For details, see the Activation Guide page.
After installation, save the installation .exe file. You may need it to later uninstall or to repair an installation.
- Launch the Windows Programs and Features applet
- Click the entry for Manifold System 8 (it will be identified by the build number that was installed) and press Uninstall in the applet's menu
- The Manifold Modify Setup dialog pops open, with choices to repair or to uninstall. Press the Uninstall button.
- When finished, the dialog will announce the uninstall is successfully completed. Press the Close button to close the dialog. Release 8 is now uninstalled.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold® products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with a serial number sent out by email in seconds. Enjoy the world's most advanced spatial tools today!
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!