- Product Downloads
- Free Updates
- User Manuals
- Contact Support
- Activation Support
- Serial Number Status
- Activation Guide
- Install / Activate FAQ
- Email Problems
- Additional Keys
- Administrator Login
- Windows Installer
- System Requirements
- Bug Reports
- Support FAQ
- Online Store
Please Read Carefully
Manifold® Viewer is a free product that does not require a serial number for installation or use.
Looking for Release 9 or Release 8 instructions? Visit the Installation page.
- Viewer installation packages come in two forms: .exe files that are Windows Installer packages, and .zip files that are portable installation packages. Download the installation package you prefer from the Viewer Downloads page.
- Install the package using the installation instructions on this page.
Viewer builds are cumulative, including all new features and fixes issued in previous builds. You don't need to install any previous builds to get everything in the latest build.
Windows Installer Packages
If you have downloaded a Windows Installer installation package for Viewer, install it or uninstall it as follows.
- A Windows Installer package is a .exe file. Double-click the .exe file to launch the installation.
- Windows may complain the package is an unrecognized app, or that the publisher is unknown. Ignore those warnings and run the installation anyway.
- Installation dialogs are the usual, obvious dialogs. Press the Install button and otherwise click through the dialogs.
- In addition to installing Viewer, if necessary the package will install or update any Microsoft pre-requisites, such as the C++ Redistributable package. When finished, the dialog will announce the installation is successfully completed. Press the Close button to close the dialog. Viewer is now installed.
- Launch Viewer from the Windows Start button. The first time 9 is launched it will raise an Activation dialog. Enter your serial number to activate. For details, see the Activation Guide page.
After installation, save the installation .exe file. You may need it to later uninstall or to repair an installation.
- Launch the Windows Programs and Features applet
- Click the entry for Manifold Viewer (it will be identified by the build number that was installed) and press Uninstall in the applet's menu
- The Viewer Modify Setup dialog pops open, with choices to repair or to uninstall. Press the Uninstall button.
- When finished, the dialog will announce the uninstall is successfully completed. Press the Close button to close the dialog. Viewer is now uninstalled.
A portable installation is a .zip file that unzips into a fully-functional package that requires no installation. Many users prefer portable installations to using Windows Installer. If you have downloaded a portable installation package for Viewer, install it as follows.
- A portable installation is a .zip file. Move the .zip file into a convenient location where you will unzip it, usually on an SSD for fast launches.
- Double-click the .zip file to unzip it. The file unzips to create subfolders, including a bin64 subfolder that contains a file called manifold.exe and a bin subfolder that also contains a file called manifold.exe .
- Double-click the manifold.exe in the bin64 subfolder to launch Viewer in 64-bit mode. Double-click the manifold.exe in the bin subfolder to launch Viewer in 32-bit mode.
- The first time 9 is launched it will raise an Activation dialog. Enter your serial number to activate. For details, see the Activation Guide page.
Error message when launching manifold.exe? That usually means your Windows system is missing some Microsoft pre-requisite, such as a recent C++ Redistributable package or the Microsoft .NET Framework. Take a moment to install those, as discussed in the Viewer Downloads page.
See the Installations topic for details and tips on using portable installations.
Portable installations do not require any uninstallation. If you have downloaded a newer version, or if you no longer want the program on the system, simply delete the .zip file and any unzipped folders and files for the build that is no longer desired.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold® products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with a serial number sent out by email in seconds. Enjoy the world's most advanced spatial tools today!
Manifold is a deep technology company creating advanced, parallel algorithms, next-level technology, and computation know-how that powers faster performance and smarter operations.
License Manifold® technology to power your company's products, or take advantage of Manifold's off-the-shelf commercial products. Jump decades ahead of your competition.
Manifold® brand products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern, and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!