How to Buy
A Drop in the Ocean
This page provides links for examples and other useful data files often used with Manifold System. These data files are licensed for use with Manifold System. These links represent gigabytes of data. Data files were downloaded from various public sites on the Internet, loaded into Manifold and then written out in Manifold formats for more convenient use and to save space. The data here is less than a billionth of what can be downloaded for free from the web.
Product Installation Files
Data Files in Manifold .MAP Format
These files represent a few gigabytes of sample files: they are a drop in the ocean of the thousands of gigabytes of GIS data that is in the public doman and easily downloaded from the web. Use these to get started, and then go out on your own web crawls and you'll find endless sources of data. Enjoy!
Important:All files in this page require Manifold System or Radian Studio - they are in Manifold .mapproject file format. Purchase the Manifold product you desire from the Manifold Online Store.
- Some of these files are very large files, hundreds of megabytes. If your Internet connection is not reliable enough to download such large files without error, you may have to try the download more than once. If there are any errors when unzipping the downloaded file, the file was damaged during download or was not completely downloaded. Try again.
- No tech support, advice or help of any kind is provided for questions about downloads or the data they contain. None. Don't even think about it.
- People who do not understand the above sentences should please use this form to ask questions or to send comments. It's your world.
Data Sets Formerly on DVD
Manifold provides the downloads below at no charge. These data files originally appeared on the Manifold Release 8 DVD and were move to web distribution when DVDs were discontinued as part of Manifold's commitment to green delivery practices. All data sets are in Manifold format. They are useless if you do not have Manifold System.
- help_examples.zip (16,236 KB) - A zip file containing many of the example files used in Example chapter topics in Help. This download is strongly recommended for all 8.00 users learning Manifold.
- geocoding_database.zip (820,808 KB) - A zip file containing the Manifold US Geocoding Database, an optional geocoding database that may be used with the Geocoding Tools extension for street address geocoding of US addresses. Useless outside the US or if you do not have the Geocoding Tools extension. Caution: 801 MB in size. This download is strongly recommended for all Geocoding Tools users in the United States.
- europe.zip (30,621 KB) - Samples from the Manifold World Volume 1 CD. Manifold World provides layers for European countries neatly trimmed to country boundaries.
- us.zip (245,888 KB) - Miscellaneous data sets for the United States.
- world.zip (185,779 KB) - Miscellaneous data sets in low, medium and high resolution for the entire world, including NASA's "Blue Marble" image.
The data installed from these downloads may have originated in products that are no longer sold. The data is provided for the convenience of users "as is" in the form that it was last published. It is no longer supported and no longer maintained. Installation packages, if any, may reference obsolete versions of Windows or other software and may not install or work with more recent Windows versions or service packs.
Documentation for these data products has not been modified since they were last offered for sale and may not be included with the data. The documentation, if any, may contain errors. Documentation may invite users to contact technical support with questions. ANY SUCH STATEMENTS IN THE DOCUMENTATION ARE NO LONGER VALID - THIS SOFTWARE OR DATA IS NOT SUPPORTED. No answers to questions or advice of any kind will be provided by Manifold regarding this software or data.
People who do not understand the above paragraph should please use this form to ask questions or to send comments.
- manifold_world.zip (159,989 KB) - Manifold World CD 1 in Manifold .map format. Countries extracted from VMAP 0, trimmed to country boundaries. Includes European Countries plus Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Useless if you don't have Manifold System. Very handy if you do.
- ASfiles.zip (235,564 KB) - Digital Chart of the World "Asia" CD data sets in Manifold 4.50 format. This and other 4.50 format data sets are readable by all Manifold System editions from Release 4.50 onward.
- EUfiles.zip (134,176 KB) - Digital Chart of the World "Europe" CD data sets in Manifold 4.50 format.
- NAfiles.zip (215,368 KB) - Digital Chart of the World "North America" CD data sets in Manifold 4.50 format.
- SAfiles.zip (93,686 KB) - Digital Chart of the World "South America" CD (includes Africa) data sets in Manifold 4.50 format.
- Names.zip (10,827 KB) - Digital Chart of the World named places in Manifold 4.50 format.
Other Manifold Downloads
Manifold provides the downloads below at no charge. These products do not require serial numbers; however, they work with Manifold System so they will not work if you do not have Manifold System
- StarterPack.zip (8,601 KB) - A zip file containing image server modules and a US base map that is used in the Exporting KML to Google Earth tutorial topic in Help (an always popular, highly visual topic!).
- AllServersPack.zip (43 KB) - Recommended download - A zipfile containing a collection of all image server and geocoding server modules, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Unzip the file and follow instructions in the AllServersPack.txt file. Currently contains geocoding servers for Geocoder.us and Virtual Earth. Currently contains image servers for NearMap, OpenStreetMaps / CloudMade, OpenStreetMaps / Mapnik, OpenStreetMaps / Osmarenderer, Virtual Earth, WikiMapia, Yahoo! and Yandex. This download has the same image servers as the StarterPack and also adds geocoding servers.
- GeocodingServersPack.zip (10 KB) - A zipfile containing a collection of geocoding server modules for Geocoder.us and Virtual Earth, already compiled into .dlls and ready for installation and use on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Windows systems. Unzip the file and follow instructions in the GeocodingServersPack.txt file. Does not contain Manifold image server modules. Download this only if you don't want to download everything at once via the AllServersPack.zip download.
- manifold-sqlserver-spatial-1.0.1.zip (26 KB) - The Manifold Spatial Extender for SQL Server installs on SQL Server machines to add high-performance, server-side spatial indices to work in conjunction with Manifold spatial DBMS facilities. The zip file contains the extender DLL, an install / uninstall utility, and a readme file with installation instructions.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-126.96.36.199-x64.zip (201 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for Manifold x64 installations.
- manifold-traditional-topology-tools-188.8.131.52.zip (175 KB) - The Manifold Traditional Topology Tools add-in for 32-bit Manifold installations.
- object-model-8.zip (419 KB) - A zipfile containing the Manifold Release 8 Object Model poster in four, ready-to-use sizes: As a .png image file, and as PDF files for A2, A3 and A4 sized paper.
- cuda_demo.zip (3,050 KB) - A zipfile containing a Manifold Release 8 project containing an example Montara Mountain terrain elevation surface together with a sample formula useful for doing demos of NVIDIA CUDA hardware.
- books_original_9.zip (212 KB) - A zipfile of a Radian project containing the example book business database used in Chris Fehily's excellent SQL book, "SQL Visual Quickstart Guide." Converted from the original .mdb format for the convenience of Radian users and useless if you don't have a Manifold Radian DBMS engine.
- licenseservermisc.zip (14 KB) - A small zipfile containing the installation information and .asp service launch file provided on the Manifold DVD for License Server users. Completely useless if you are not operating the $1995 License Server product.
- Programming Examples - Programming examples showing common tasks using scripts.
- Routine updates - Manifold licensees may download and install routine updates at no charge. Routine updates provide bug fixes in between major releases and often provide new features as well. Manifold System will automatically check for new updates and will report if a more recent update has been made available.
- Image Servers and Geocoding Servers - Free image server and geocoding server modules for use within Manifold and the Manifold Toolbar. Don't miss the incredible usefulness of image servers, one of the most popular features in Manifold System.
- Free Stuff for Manifold users - A collection of links to examples and other useful items for free download
The free downloads on this page are provided without technical support. Some downloads are large and require reliable Internet connections. Downloads are provided for those folks who have sufficiently reliable Internet connections and who have the elementary skills required to use their browsers to download a file, to unzip a zipfile, install a .msi file, etc., without assistance. No tech support is provided for problems with downloads. If you have problems with a download, please order the optional Manifold DVD and install from DVD.
Please visit the following links for general information on available Manifold technical support services.
- Technical Support Home Page - Your first stop for technical support needs.
- Status Page - Enter a support token to verify it is unused and to check the token type (standard, development or voice). Checking the status of a support token before using it to contact tech support will avoid wasting time in case the token has been already used or is the wrong type.
- Contacting Technical Support - How to contact technical support. How to use tokens and important information that must be provided to enable tech support to respond quickly and constructively.
- Manifold Updates - Information on updates for Manifold products.
- Technical Support Products - A list of all technical support products.
- Online Store - Buy technical support products online with your credit card.
- Support FAQ - Frequently asked questions regarding technical support.
- Administrator Login - Users are sometimes surprised to learn they don't have true Administrator rights in Vista. This short page describes how to login using the real Administrator account.
- Windows Installer Notes - Tips on solving problems with Windows Installer in case of de-installation errors.
- Email Problems - Few things are as annoying as not getting messages you expect to get, yet the wide use of spam filters means that you might not be getting an important email from Manifold. Read this page for important tips on how to make sure you will get the emails you expect.
- Suggestions - Tips on making effective suggestions to get what you want into Manifold. Vote early and vote often!.
Manifold products are supported by email for a fee. Although Manifold technical support is very inexpensive, it is not free. Technical support is provided for a low fee via email. Technical support service products are sold that allow Manifold users to choose what level of support they prefer, from a single incident to ten incidents at a discount. Technical support incidents are available as standard support incidents or as developer support incidents. Standard incidents provide answers to routine interactive usage of Manifold. Developer support incidents provide answers to more technical questions, such as those involving programming, SQL, customization, IMS, Runtime licenses or Enterprise features.
How to Buy Technical Support Services
Purchase technical support products via the the Online Store. Purchase the technical support product and you will receive by email tech support tokens of the number and class (standard or developer) you purchased. You can then use them when contacting tech support by email.
Contacting Technical Support
Please carefully read the Contacting Technical Support page for complete information on contacting technical support. Support inquiries sent to sales will not only delay a fast and effective solution, they will also waste support tokens.
Buy Now via the Online Store
Buy Manifold products on the Online Store. The store is open 24 hours / seven days a week / every day of the year. Orders are processed immediately with serial number email sent out in seconds. Use Manifold products today!
Suggestions to improve Manifold are always welcome. Please see the Suggestions page for tips on making effective suggestions.
Manifold® products deliver quality, performance and value in the world's most sophisticated, most modern and most powerful spatial products for GIS, ETL, DBMS, and Data Science. Total integration ensures ease of use, amazing speed, and unbeatably low cost of ownership. Tell your friends!